The Bear's Club
ARCHITECT: Peacock + Lewis
INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE: Peacock + Lewis
INTERIOR DESIGN: Peacock + Lewis
FF&A DESIGN: Barbara Nicklaus
CONTRACTOR: Weitz Construction
COMPLETION DATE: February 2002
- The 19th Hole | November, 2008 “The Bear’s Club”
- Links Magazine | July, 2004 “Special Edition”
- Links Magazine | Dave Shedloski | March 2008 “The Bear’s Club”
- Links Magazine | Scott Kauffman | April, 2009 “Sizing Up South Florida”
- Dave Shedloski | December, 2011 “The Bear’s Club”
Peacock + Lewis worked closely with Barbara and Jack Nicklaus, the Nicklaus Family and the development team to create their unique private Florida Club. Designed to be built in phases and appear to have been built over time, the project was themed to capture the spirit of old world Tuscan architecture.
Consistent with the Tuscan architectural vernacular landscaped, courtyards, covered loggias, terraces and patios provide outdoor living spaces off of the interior functions allowing members and their guests to enjoy the South Florida winter weather overlooking the golf course. Precast columns and trim, natural stone, cast iron accents distressed clay barrel roof tile, mahogany windows and doors, heavy timber beams and skip troweled stucco create timeless architecture inside and out helping to promote the seamless indoor outdoor experience and in a very special place.